Town of Barnstable Reports
- 3 Bays MEP Final Report - Executive Summary
- 3 Bays MEP Final Report
- 3 Bays TMDL
- Centerville River MEP Final Executive Summary
- Centerville River MEP Final Report
- Centerville River TMDL
- Popponessett MEP Executive Summary
- Popponessett MEP Final Report
- Popponessett TMDL
- Rushy Marsh MEP Executive Summary
- Rushy Marsh MEP Final Report
- Lewis Bay MEP Executive Summary
- Lewis Bay MEP Final Report
The Massachusetts Estuaries Project:
- The Cape Cod Water Protection Collaborative completed a Peer Review of the science and methodologies of the MEP and released this report
- Comparison Of Costs For Wastewater Management Systems. Executive Summary
- Pilot Project Executive Summary
- Total Maximum Daily Loads for Total Nitrogen in the Three Bays Estuary in Barnstable, Mass. Final Report 2007
- Massachusetts Estuaries Project Linked Watershed Model to Determine Critical Nitrogen Loads for the Three Bays Estuary in Barnstable, Mass. Final Report 2006
- Massachusetts Estuaries Project Linked Watershed Embayment Model to Determine Critical Nitrogen Loading Thresholds for Rushy Marsh-Executive Summary Report-April 2006
- Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection, The School for Marine Science and Technology- Popponesset Bay: Result of Pilots Modeling Scenarios - March 2006
- Basis for Development of Total Maximum Daily Load of Bacteria. Prince's Cove/ Three Bays Watershed, Town of Barnstable.
Final Report - August 2005
- Linked Watershed-Embayment Model to Determine Critical Nitrogen Loading Thresholds for Popponesset Bay, Mashpee and Barnstable, Massachusetts.
Final Report - July 2004
- Embayment Restoration and Guidance for Implementation Stratagies.
Dead Neck/ Sampson's Island:
- Dead Neck and Sampson's Island 2011 Shorebird Nesting Report
- Dead Neck and Sampson's Island 2010 Shorebird Nesting Report
- Dead Neck and Sampson’s Island 2009 Shorebird Nesting Report
- Dead Neck and Sampson's Island 2008 Shorebird Nesting Report
- Dead Neck and Sampson's Island 2007 Shorebird Nesting Report
- Dead Neck and Sampson's Island 2006 Shorebird Nesting Report
- Dead Neck Beach Nourishment Monitoring and Data Analysis- May 2006
- Dead Neck Beach Nourishment Monitoring and Data Analysis-February 2005
- Dead Neck and Sampson's Island 2005 Shorebird Nesting Report
Mass Audubon Coastal Waterbird Program
- Dead Neck and Sampson's Island 2004 Shorebird Nesting Report
Mass Audubon Coastal Waterbird Program
- Guidance Document Understanding Nitrogen Pollution and Wastewater Management at Three Bays and Cape Cod.
Organic Land Care A brochure by the Northeast Organic Farming Association.
Please consider Organic Land Care this season!
- Massachusetts Ocean Management Plan Vol. 1
- Massachusetts Ocean Management Plan Vol. 2
- Natural Attenuation of Nitrogen in Wetlands and Waterbodies Bibliography
- Bibliography Spread Sheet
by WoodsHole Group - April 2007
- Skunknet River Report
- Linked Watershed Embayment Model to Determine Critical Nitrogen Loading Thresholds for Popponesset Bay, Mashpee and Barnstable- July 2004
- Embayment Restoration and Guidance for Implementation Strategies-2003
- Feasibility Study to Improve Tidal Circulation in Windmill Cove-April 2002
- Fecal Coliform Testing and DNA-Based Microbial Source Tracking in the Three Bays Estuarine System-Spring 2001
- Red Tide in the Three Bays -
September and October 2001
A Report by Donald E. Schwinn, P.E.
- Water Quality & Habitat Health of the
Three Bay Estuarine System
Progress Report from the 1999 Field Season, by Dr. Brian L. Howes and George R. Hampson, of the Coastal Systems Program, Center for Marine Science and Technology, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
- Evaluation of Turfgrass Nitrogen Fertilizer Leaching Rates in Soils on Cape Cod by Horsley Witten Group, Sustainable Environmental Solutions. June 29, 2009
- The Contribution of Lawn Fertilizer to Nitrogen Loading of Cape Cod Embayments (pdf file. Requires Adobe Reader) A Thesis submitted by Lisabeth M. White, in the partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Arts in Marine Affairs.. University of Rhode Island. 2003
- Three-Bays Condition Survey April 2008 with Contours
- Bay Street Channel Dredging
- Town of Barnstable Watersheds
Mass Department of Environmental Protection
The following two reports have been issued as required by the EPA Federal Clean Water Act section 303d. A TMDL establishes a maximum amount of pollution that a water body can accept and still meet water quality standards. Frost Fish Creek is listed on the 2002 Massachusetts Integrated List of Waters (Category 5) as impaired for Nutrients and Pathogens while Muddy Creek is listed as impaired for Pathogens.
MA DEP has prepared Draft TMDLs for controlling bacteria. The primary source of this contaminant is stormwater runoff and wildlife. The goal for these two waterbodies is to achieve state water quality standards for Class SA waters. The Massachusetts Surface Water Quality Standards-314 CMR 4.00 state that Class SA waters shall have a fecal coliform bacteria concentration not exceeding a geometric mean of 14 organisms per 100 mL, nor shall more than 20 percent of the samples exceed 43 per 100 mL.
- Draft Bacteria TMDL for Frostfish
(pdf file. Requires Adobe Reader) Released Oct, 2004
- Draft Bacteria TMDL for Muddy Creek
(Chatham and Harwich)
(pdf file. Requires Adobe Reader) Released Nov, 2004